With Timeline Genius, you can “follow” or “unfollow” specific timelines on your account to control which notifications you receive. That way, you’re not overwhelmed and only receive the updates that are most relevant to you. “Following” a timeline means that you’ll receive updates on actions that are taken on the timeline, while “unfollowing” a timeline means that you can opt out of receiving notifications related to that timeline.
There are two ways that you can “follow” or “unfollow” a timeline:
From “My Timelines”:
- Log in to your account and click on “My Timelines” in the top left of the page.
- Click on the gold button on the left of each timeline section to change the label to “Following” or “Unfollowing” based on your preferences.
From “Edit Timeline”:
- If working in a particular timeline, select the “Edit” tab on the top left of the page.
- Click on the people icon in the top right of the page. If you hover over this icon, the label will read, “Timeline Followers”.
- Click the checkbox to receive notifications on that timeline, and then click “Done.”
For extra guidance on “following” and “unfollowing” timelines, review the video tutorial below: