If you like to color-code different items in your timeline, it may be helpful to add a color key. That way, everyone can understand what the colors indicate – whether it’s priority items, specific reminders for the bride, or vendor contract details . Here’s how to do it:
- From the “Edit” view of your timeline, click on the “+ Add” button in the top right.
- Select “Text Section” from the dropdown menu.
- Click on the text section title to rename it – retitle it “Color Key”, for example.
- Add the details of your color key into the text field and click “Save”.
- Scroll up to click the “Timeline Actions” button at the top of the page.
- Select “Reorder Sections” from the dropdown menu. Then move the color key section to your desired location within the timeline and click “Save”.
Need a play-by-play? Watch the video tutorial below: